- August 20, 2019
- Posted by: Aelius Venture
- Categories: Information Technology, Innovation
What you will learn in this blog:
- What iOS Dark Mode is and what it does
- The benefits of using Dark Mode
- Important considerations while implementing Dark Mode in an app
- Customizing the color scheme for your iOS application for different themes – light and dark mode.
What is iOS Dark Mode? What does it do?
Dark Mode is a dark system-wide appearance that uses a darker color palette for all screens, views, menus, and controls. Basically, like Android Dark Mode, it changes a bright theme to a darker one. It also maintains vibrancy and contrast to make foreground content stand out against a darker background.
Benefits of Dark Mode
- It is most helpful when the surrounding is dark. This puts less strain on eyes as compared to light mode.
- You can choose Dark Mode as your default interface style.
- You can also use Settings to make your device switch to Dark Mode automatically when ambient light is low.
- Dark Mode supports all accessibility features.
- Using Dark Mode on OLED iPhone models like iPhone X, XS, XS Max may also improve battery life. This is because black pixels in an OLED panel actually switch off and conserve battery power.
- Bonus: Dark Mode looks really cool
As announced by Apple during the conference, Apple’s preinstalled apps like Notes, News, TV, Music, Reminders, Mail, and others will already have it.